Traditional Metal Braces
Traditional metal braces are the most common type of braces and are more comfortable today than ever before. Made of high-grade stainless steel, metal braces straighten your teeth using metal brackets and archwires. With metal braces, you have the option of adding colored elastics (rubber bands) for a more unique and colorful smile.
Self-ligating braces are made from the same materials as traditional braces. However, self-ligating braces do not require the use of elastics, meaning fewer appointments and less friction being placed on the tooth. Self-ligating braces come with traditional metal, ceramic, or clear brackets. They are the same size as metal braces but use a specialized clip in place of elastics to help the archwire guide your teeth into place. The clip helps reduce the amount of pressure being placed on the tooth and requires fewer adjustments because there are no elastics to replace.
Clear (Ceramic) Braces
Ceramic braces are made of clear materials and are therefore less visible on your teeth than metal braces. For this reason, ceramic braces are used mainly on older teenagers and adult patients who have cosmetic concerns. While they are visually less prominent, they do require more attention to oral hygiene as ceramic braces are larger and are more brittle than their metal counterparts. For these reasons, ceramic braces tend to be used more on upper front teeth than on lower teeth.
Clarity™ Ceramic Brackets
A Perfect Combination of Strength and Beauty
You deserve the confidence that comes with having a beautiful smile. With Clarity ceramic brackets, you’ll have a lot to smile about, even before your braces are removed! By incorporating the strength and function of traditional braces with the aesthetics of translucent ceramic, Clarity brackets can give you the same orthodontic results without the need for large, noticeable metal braces. They move teeth with the same efficiency as traditional braces and are safe to use for patients of all ages.
The Beauty of Clarity Brackets is Clear!
- With a comfortable design and an attractive, translucent appearance, your Clarity ceramic brackets will leave you smiling!
- Made of innovative ceramic material for an attractive appearance, Clarity brackets are also extremely durable and fracture resistant.
- Because Clarity brackets blend in with your natural tooth color, you won’t be reluctant to show off your smile.
- With a small, smooth design, Clarity brackets are comfortable to wear and easy to clean.
- The ceramic material used for Clarity resists staining, so you can eat and drink all your favorite foods and beverages without worrying about discoloration.
- Clarity brackets are trusted and used by orthodontists worldwide and have helped more than one million patients get beautiful smiles.